Friday, July 11, 2014

She Art Style Canvas Swap


A bit of a departure for me, but then that's part of what I love about swaps. I joined a she art style canvas swap, run by the lovely Sian,  Not my usual style, but I thought it would be fun to have a go. My swap partner, Sarah,  wanted pale/neutral colours and liked willow tree figures. I had never heard of them but after a bit of googling I decided that they would work really well. Because this is outside my normal comfort zone I made three, and sent all of them to Sarah so that she could use them as a triptych is she wanted or just change them around. The odd lines on the dresses are because I stuck an old sewing pattern onto them. Sarah seems to like them, which is fab, a she is also my team leader on UKS and is superb, so I really wanted to make something she would appreciate.



No comments: