Thursday, March 8, 2012

Magical Fairy Door

I did this a little while ago for a swap on UKScrappers and I have been waiting for mine to arrive so that I could pop it on my blog. Well, it's been a month since I was told it was on its way so sadly I have to consider it lost. Unfortunately I can't get hold of my swap partner at the moment to even see if they took any photos. Oh well, these things happen.

Anyway, here is the door I did for my partner, Vivienne. It's modeled on the doors in Szentendre, Hungary, all old carved wood, shabby paint and stone surrounds. I took a wooden door shape (I'm not good enough to cut wood myself so I got it from ebay) and painted it to within an inch of its life and added some perfect pearls and gold rub. The flowerpots were doll house miniatures. The carving around the edge of the door was the frostyville die from Memory Box, cut from card, glued on then painted over. I also added a couple of vintage style metal bits in the centre and at the top of the door, all coloured to match. I've never done anything like this before so I'm quite pleased with the result and I hope Vivienne likes it.

4 comments:

Mitralee said...

Great job! I really enjoyed your project. Did something similar (as in it was a door) a while back if you want to check it out. I think it's addicting. Love your take on it and the rock looking "stoop" is amazing!

http://mitralee.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-eve.html

viv said...

I absolutely adore it. It has pride of place in my living room.

Karen said...

I absolutely love this door :) it is fab and no wonder Viv loves it too :)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.